THOUSANDS OF FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES »

Wednesday, October 31, 2007

This is Halloween!


Since this is kind of a transition week over at SPC between the new and the old themes, I have decided to post about my Halloween costume. I don't normally dress in the early 1900's Edwardian style, but I did wear this outfit to work today. I had planned on making an Andy Warhol Campbell's soup paper dress knockoff for my costume, but things went awry and there wasn't enough time. I was forced to move on to plan B. Oh, what to be, what to be. I did 1940's glamour last year, so that was out. I raked my brain and several "that's not happening" ideas later, I decided that I would try to dress up like some random character from an Edward Gorey story.

I found the cape, shirt, and dress all in one trip to the thrift store. I bought some fake flowers and a bird to decorate my old hat. The cat stole my black rose and I caught her trying to sneak attack the bird after I left the room to answer the phone. I stopped her just in time. No animals were harmed during the making of the hat. I was pleased with how it turned out. Other than a few people thinking that I was Mary Poppins, it was all good.

3 comments:

Yummyteece said...

As a big Edward Gorey fan, let me say that I think you did a Fabulous job! :)

Mia Peltola said...

You look so beautiful in your costume. And photo is very nice as well!

amy said...

Thanks for the kind words!